Sunflower Fields

Happy Labor Day everyone! This weekend we had the opportunity to head out to a Sunflower field, I was so excited because I have to never been to one before, also I was able to pick as many Sunflowers as my heart desires. I picked some for my mom, and sister and myself of course.

White Dress Labor Day

If anyone ever tells you that you cannot wear white after labor day, they are wrong. That has to be one of the biggest fashion faux pas out there, you certainly can wear white any time of year. After doing some shopping on Amazon I found a simple and very affordable cute outfit that I curated for the perfect Sunflower field occasion.

White Dress Fashion

This white dress was such a cute style and paired with the brown wedge sandals, they are the perfect heels that are comfortable for wearing on long walks. I thought this basket purse was a great addition to complete the look, along with a white cat-eyed sunglass just in case the sun was bright. I have made it easy for those of you who want to shop this look, this whole ensemble can be found on Amazon.com/Shop/KristenBucy

White Dress Sunflower Field

We had so much fun walking through the Sunflower field, this was out East in Pataskala Ohio, one of the many farms Lynd Farms owns. Not to mention it was the last day for going to the Sunflower field, it was certainly worth the trip as we got to pick as many flowers as we wanted to take home. I hope everyone is having a wonderful Labor Day weekend!

18 Comments

1. Boss Babe Chronicles
    September 7, 2019 / 12:33 pm

I love sunflower fields and your outfit is amazing!!

Mariam
    bossbabechroniclesblog.com

2. September 6, 2019 / 4:30 am

You look beautiful. Love the whole look. The sunflower field is the perfect backdrop for your outfit 🙂

• September 9, 2019 / 9:19 pm

Thank you so much Maria! You are so sweet!

3. September 5, 2019 / 7:45 am

Hi! How did you get a bundle of the items like you did on amazon? Is it a business account or a wishlist type thing? I thought it was super cool, and I overal love the aesthetic of this sunflower field.

• September 9, 2019 / 9:22 pm

Hello Cassiday, Thank you so much! I really appreciate your feedback! I am an Amazon Influencer Affiliate, you can apply through Amazon to become one. Then you will be able to set up a store with all your purchases from Amazon.

4. September 5, 2019 / 1:20 am

The dress is so pretty and the 🌻 sunflower backdrop is amazing!

• September 9, 2019 / 9:23 pm

Thank you Ekanki! I was floored by how beautiful all the flowers were!

5. September 4, 2019 / 3:51 pm

Your dress is gorgeous. I wish dresses like that would suit me the way they suit you!
    As a Brit, I must ask: why is it frowned upon for people to wear white after Labor Day?

• September 4, 2019 / 11:52 pm

Thank you! I believe the history dates back to the late 1800’s – early 1900’s the high class society of women had rules on fashion. These rules were to distinguish themselves apart from those who were not upperclass. They considered wearing the color white was a cool color for summer time and thought it shouldn’t be worn in the colder months. Labor Day became a federal holiday in 1894, and society eventually adopted it as the natural endpoint for summer fashion. It wasn’t until Coco Chanel and other socialites came along and wore white year round. She really set a new standard in place for the history of fashion up until now. This took almost a century to transition into what we have now. We live in a time where fashion is more relaxed and wearing white year round is widely acceptable.

6. September 3, 2019 / 2:05 pm

Very cute look. Sunflowers are so cheerful!

• September 4, 2019 / 4:48 pm

What a beautiful location! And I love your dress 🌻

• September 4, 2019 / 11:53 pm

That’s very sweet of you! Thank you!

7. goatdogsimple
    September 2, 2019 / 3:51 pm

Cute outfit! What a great day surrounded by sunflowers 🙂

8. September 2, 2019 / 3:41 pm

Your pictures came out great, and I love the dress! Great post!